Monday, August 31, 2009

no no spot

Hadley is testing us by doing things she knows she shouldn't do... Such as, playing on the fireplace hearth, pushing the television buttons and playing with the electrical outlets. We've been redirecting her behavior and telling her no, but it's clear that she is now testing us.

This morning, in a fit of frustration (after "redirecting" three times), I made her sit down in the corner. She sat there. In fact, went and sat there on her own at one point. This afternoon, I had to do it again and I tried to explain to her why (I know she doesn't understand, but I need to tell her no) and she belly laughed while I talked. It was very hard to keep a straight face. And then I started to worry - will I be able to properly discipline this adorable little person or will she think it's funny because I am fighting back the chuckles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.