Tuesday, January 18, 2011

i'll remember forever and ever. and ever.

We glide through the air on side-by-side swings on the playground. A warm early fall day, with fading light and a smell to the air that promises a chill is soon to come. Her honey blond hair blowing from the force of the swing. Her head hung back and laughing from deep with in. After we jump off the swings, she throws her arms around my neck and says "I yuv you, mama." "I love you too, Hadley. I know you may not remember this moment, but I'll remember forever and ever."

I listen to her soft breath laying next to me on our bed. The morning sun is streaming though the window. The sound of her sisters murmurs and daddy making coffee are a lovely ambient noise of home, that wake her from her slumber. She opens her eyes and she smiles sleepily. "I love you, Hayden. I know you may not remember this moment, but I'll remember forever and ever."

And while there are so many moments, so many memories to store in my heart that I may just forget, the feeling of loving my babies will never, ever escape me.

I'll remember forever and ever. And ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.