Tuesday, January 18, 2011

sleep

Hadley - 4 months old
Sleep is a difficult commodity to come by in our house. It's actually ironic that the job I had just prior to babies was a product to help people get better sleep, in turn educating our audience on the importance of sleep. And now, it's a hard thing to come by.

It probably started, for me, before I even knew of Hadley. But really kicked in toward the end of my pregnancy with her. It's part of pregnancy, we all know this. But then she arrived and I worried myself so much about not responding to her, or waking my neighbors that I worked hard to keep her quiet, especially at night. And while many of you may think that co-sleeping and not allowing her to cry is the better way to go, I'm starting to think I did a bit of a disservice to her and our family as a whole.

Now, at 2 1/2, she happily sleeps in her own bed and in her own room. And our challenge has turned to Hayden.

When will it end? I need to sleep!

Hayden has been a great sleeper from the get go, and in comparison to how we've been with Hadley, we've encouraged sleep in her own bed. But suddenly at 9 months her separation anxiety has kicked in to full effect and the last couple weeks have been terrible. And we've been taking measures to "train" her to get back into her good habits.

BUT I NEED SLEEP! Any advise for a sleep deprived mama?
_______________________________________

Be sure to enter this weeks CSN Stores giveway! Click here to enter.

Like what you're reading? Vote for me on Top Baby Blogs. Just click here to cast your vote (and one more time after you enter the TBB site).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.