Tuesday, January 26, 2010

daddy memories #8

How many kids had a zip line through their urban forest? That's right... In addition to our farm and orchard, my dad put up a zip line contraption that ran from the back of the property almost to the back door of the house. Only problem was that it sagged miserably and was never really used. But he thought his contraption was pretty cool!

After my parents divorced when I was 14, my mom remodeled the back yard and the zip line went away. I don't think it was ever missed, really, because it never ended up being as fun as my dad intended. Or it was just that I was 14, a freshman in high school and not interested in "playing" in my backyard anymore.

Just another fun contraption from my father the handy man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.