Saturday, May 15, 2010

mamma's worries

I'm realizing that as a mom your worry never stops. You worry about your kiddos getting sick. Hurt. Getting away from you in a parking lot and being struck by a car. Meteors falling from the sky and landing on them. Foolish worries. Unnecessary.

Perhaps I still have post-partum hormones running a much.

I worry about Hadley a lot.

I worry about not showing her as much love now that the baby is here. And my heart bursts for her. But how do your expect a 22 month old to understand that your time is being drawn to this new person because you must feed her and train her.

I worry when Hadley cries at night. I worry that she is overly stressed out. Doesn't like the bed she's sleeping in. Afraid of the dark. Worse worries that I shouldn't even utter.

I worry about her terrible two's behavior, even though I know it's a developmental stage that every child goes through.

I worry that we have made her change and adapt too often in her short life. I hope someday she understands why this happened and that we hope once we move to our home in Minnesota in a couple of weeks that we create a home that we stay in for years to come. I hope she will make friends. Have play dates. Love the snow.

Will my heart be constantly filled with worry for my babies?

My mother tells me that she still worries about us kids even now that we are in our 30's. Have our own friends. Families. Homes.

So I guess we never stop being mom. Ever. Worry is part of it.

I just love my babies so much.

1 comment:

  1. I guess all moms are like that. We worry too much for our childrens' welfare and security. That is just normal and part of parenting blues. If you want, you can ask for advices and opinions from other more experienced moms. That would greatly help.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.