Thursday, July 8, 2010

topless thursday: how long did you nurse?

I nursed Hadley for 15 months. I know vie said this before on this little blog. But I'm proud of this. If I had a medal, I'd wear it proudly. Because breastfeeding in the beginning is hard. Really hard. Teaching yourself and your child how to do it. Cracked nipples. Bleeding nipples. Wet shirts. Mastitis. It is not easy.

But we got the hang of it. And those short term goals I made of three months. Then six months. Then a year. Came and went and we kept going. Until I decided that being knocked up and nursing was just to exhausting, so we weened.

But let's not forget, she still loves the boob.

I'm nursing Hayden now. We had a rather rough go of it, but all systems are go. I certainly do not exclusively nurse her, she gets formula, too. I just can't keep up with a very busy tot and nurse a baby. I know others can. I just have a hard time with it.

And we are now at three months. And I wonder, will I ween her earlier than I did Hadley? I suppose time will tell.

How long did you nurse your babies?



-- Post From My iPad

2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to hear of people making it past the 1 year mark. My oldest was 19 months when she stopped nursing on her own. Me being 8 weeks pregnant may have had something to do with it. I'm still nursing my second. She will be 17 months old tomorrow and still nurses about 4 times a day so I don't see her stopping anytime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is so awesome! You do deserve a medal. We're still nursing at almost 13 months. Honestly I'm pretty ready to wean, but Chloe certainly isn't - she loves the boob! I never thought I'd go this long, but like you said, I sure am proud of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.