Friday, October 15, 2010

light a candle in memory and in honor

I just learned of this very special, yet sad day. It made me take pause and being that I am approaching the 7 p.m. hour, I felt it only appropriate to dedicate this post in memory of children lost far too soon and in honor of those parents who mourn them.

The following is from JanasThinkingPlace.com and she describes the meaning of the day beautifully. Unfortunately, she has lost two children far to soon.

"Today, October 15, is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. In 2006, after years of pushing for it, the day was recognized by the House of Representatives. In 1988, President Reagan had declared October as Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. But in my opinion, celebrating this day for ONE day is much easier for a parent who has lost a child than for the whole month.

The International Wave of Light is the simultaneous lighting of candles in memory of these babies lost to miscarriage, stillbirth or infant loss at 7pm in your local time zone tonight. The result is a continuous chain of light spanning the globe for a 24 hour period. Just think about that for a minute. How beautiful!

So tonight at 7pm, wherever you are, light a candle or say a prayer (or do what you do) in memory of all babies who lost their lives far to soon and in honor of all the parents left behind to grieve the loss of dreams and bright futures for their children."

Tonight, as the clock strikes 7 p.m., I dedicate this post to Jen, Raul and Baby Elise. My love and hugs to you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.