Thursday, October 21, 2010

the quiet girl

Today's post is part of Mama Kat's Writers Workshop. The prompt is to write about how you were labeled as a child. If you'd like to participate, click on the button below to sign up to receive the weekly prompts and to link up your post.

Mama's Losin' It


-----------------------------------------------------------

I was always deemed the "quiet girl" because, well, I was just that. Quiet. I didn't yell and scream on the play ground or raise my hand often in class. I followed the rules. Enjoyed my alone time. And I often burried my head in books. I was up for "Quietest Senior," but someone else quieter beat me.

It was my nature. It still is.

Well, I don't get much alone time anymore and I don't burry my head in books anymore. More like baby diapers. But you get what I'm saying.

Most people interpreted my "quiet" nature as shy. But I wasn't shy. When I had something I felt merited saying, I said it. And maybe this part of my nature has improved as I have aged.

My dad used to worry that people would think I was stuck-up because I was so quiet. I really don't know if people felt this of me. I'd like to think no, but I suppose it's possible.

But the biggest thing with my introverted nature is that people will stop me in public when I am happily lost in my thoughts and ask "Why are you so angry?" I'm not angry, folks, just lost in my own thoughts and not walking around with a smile on my face.

Does everybody else in the world walk around with a smile plastered to their face? At all times?

Personally, I find this comment quite annoying, but it's been a chronic comment. My. Whole. Life.

I'm the quiet girl. I tend to be introverted and sensitive. I used to hate it, but I've learned to embrace it. It's who I am.

What were you labeled as a child?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to check out my current giveaway, a Simplisse Breast Pump. There will be three breast pumps given away at random, and 25 sample packs given away at random.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.