Thursday, March 17, 2011

boys have a penis. girls have a vagina.

Now that we are rapidly approaching three years old, the questions from Hadley have certainly ramped up. Did you take a shower? Are you sick? Are your boobies touching your legs? Why is Hayden eating your boobies?

Yes, my little sponge is now quite inquisitive. Which means we need to start preparing for those more "sensitive" questions. So in an effort to not be caught to off guard, I've started to think about responses. And I think honesty is best. But I suspect the conversations will go more like this.

Q: Where do babies come from?
A: Babies come out of their mommy's who-ha.

Or maybe I should just show her this (from Knocked Up).


OK, just kidding. But it makes me laugh every time I see it.


Q: Why does daddy stand up to pee and mommy sits down?
A: Daddy stands up to pee because he has a penis. Mommy sits down to pee because she has a vagina, like you. 

Q: What's a penis?
A: What do you think a penis is? - Well, maybe I'll tell her it's how daddy goes pee pee. And leave it at that. For now. 

What do you tell your kids when those sensitive questions come up?

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.