Monday, March 21, 2011

a note to my girls

Dear Hadley and Hayden,

I have not been good at writing monthly letters to the two of you since, well, there became "two" of you. I am sorry and I really have no excuse for not writing to you. But today, as you two share a bowl of goldfish on the floor of the living room, rolling a ball between the two of you, I felt the need to tell you about the "two of you" as sisters.

You see, my lovelies, I didn't have a sister. And not that I'm complaining, having a brother is perfect, it's just that the "sister" thing is not something I can relate to. You are each others best friend, for better or worse.

And it's neat to see it blossoming now at such a young age. You each get excited when the other enters the room. You both manage to cry when the other one is sad. You play together (to the extent possible). You even fight, which is not my favorite thing, but also a necessary evil while learning to play together. And sometimes, I catch the two of you snuggling. I can't begin to tell you how quickly my heart gets all gooey when I catch that.

More than anything, I just want you to love each other. Period. You may disagree and have arguments, but that doesn't mean you can't love each other. But seeing you snuggling at such a young age makes me realize that you both know how to do this.


My loves, you are two perfect little beings and I want nothing more but all sorts of wonderful for the two of you. And witnessing your bond as sisters makes me hope for this for the rest of your lives. Just love each other. That's all I ask as your mom.

I love you both to bits and pieces,
Mama


Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.