Tuesday, May 17, 2011

pinch me. i must be dreaming

Do you ever have the moments when you feel like your life is not your own? Like the life you are living you are really just observing? The wonderful things you accomplished are merely a dream?

I do. Probably too often. And probably not the best thing.

But today, like other days, I was in that mode. Is it really possible that I have two little girls who I am head-over-heels for? That I created, grew and birthed. That I breastfed. Taught sign language. To talk. It overwhelms my thoughts. I can hardly wrap my arms around all this.

But I do.

Motherhood is the most amazing thing in my life. It baffles my mind that I was able to do all this. That Hadley, who is almost three, selected the "pink" ice cream at the ice cream shop, sat and fed herself the entire scoop. That Hayden, my thirteen month old, signs for more and tells me when she is all done.

How does this happen? How did I get so lucky and it happened to me?

Pinch me. I must be dreaming!

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.