Friday, July 15, 2011

noise

I'm going to write a brutally honest post right now. I don't know what's compelling me to write this, other than to get it off my chest... Right now, my kids are driving me crazy. Bonkers. Ape shit.

Am I a bad mom?

Hadley just turned three and it seems we are encountering the "terrible threes", which pretty much blows. She is whiney. Testing us at all levels. Time outs are aplenty. Tears are often. And as an added bonus, she's started having bad dreams about monsters and snakes (courtesy of her dad's taunts).

Hayden is 15 months going on three. She is independent and hard headed, both qualities I am glad she has. But she throws tantrums when she doesn't get her way. Diapers are near impossible to change. Restaurant trips are almost obsolete.

Don't get me wrong... My little people are AMAZING! They are. But our world is full of noise... Whether it be non-stop questions from a curious three year old, whining from said three year old. Screeches of frustrations from a toddler. My head is full and when bedtime rolls around I check out. I don't want to do anything but be alone with my thoughts in quiet.

Moms and Dads, what do you do to quiet the noise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.