Monday, August 24, 2009

baby signs

I have been trying to teach Hadley some very basic sign language for several months now. Well, I haven't been completely diligent, but she did learn the sign for more a few months back, but we didn't see it often.

The other day at Gymboree I saw her signing for more bubbles, the teacher actually acknowledged the sign. Then she started using it more at home and I suddenly realized that she is absorbing this concept. So I went out and bought the Baby Einstein First Signs DVD and showed her how to sign for milk (in her case because we are weaning from the boob, I have only taught her the sign to use with a bottle). She picked up on it like that!

This morning, she brought us an old sign language flash card that showed a bottle and she brought it to us and signed for milk. I am so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.