Friday, September 4, 2009

cold in my nose

I've had a cold that just wont go away. Jonathan had it. Hadley had it. They are both well. Not me.

I finally took myself to the doctor, certain they were going to tell me things I already knew, but I figured I should go because I was pregnant. While I was waiting in the room, I read two posters on that wall talking about how colds, flu and bronchitis are viruses and really can't be treated. NO ANTIBIOTICS. Well, I didn't figure they would give a pregnant chick antibiotics, but I still felt pretty stupid. But, the doctor did a good job of not making me feel bad. Pregnant chicks get the raw end of the cold deal. Add the fact that I am still nursing and it's a double whammy. On top of all this, I have a busy kid at home who would like to cram her little hand into nooks and crannies that are dangerous, because that's what she does.

Basically, the doctor put me on bed rest until I am better. "Pretend you are a disabled person who only gets two hours a day to be on your feet." Uhhhh... Not sure how to achieve this, but I will do my best.

But she did give me a (pregger safe) pill, which oddly makes me feel better (crazy world we live in).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.