Tuesday, September 1, 2009

pretend city

There is a new children's museum in Irvine called Pretend City and I decided we'd give it a shot even though Hadley might be too young. After all, it is Tuesday and it's the one day we have few activities available to us.

This place was great for all ages! It was a kid friendly city, complete with a garden, grocery store, ATM and beach! Kids could do art projects, catch pretend fish at the marina to sell to the grocery store, drive cars around, pretend to be police officers, dig holes in fake dirt and so much more. Hadley may have been too young to understand what it is, but she had a wonderful time!

My only complaint is the price. Because Hadley is almost 14 months old, we had to pay $10 EACH to get in (she would have only been $2 if I had lied and told them she was 12 months). I don't mind paying $10 for her, but I'd certainly be apt to go more often if the cost for the adult to accompany the child were not so much.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this... you can easily spend the day, but be sure to pack a lunch because food options, while healthy, are limited. Check them out: www.pretendcity.org


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.