Friday, October 2, 2009

back, and no longer nursing

I returned from Minneapolis yesterday after a three flight trip to make it half way across the country. Although I am tired, I am pleased to have in my possession the keys to our new home. I just wish we could move into it now, but alas, we must await the bun.

I left Hadley home with her daddy for the three nights I was gone, which was a huge thing for all of us. And while there were some tired eyes upon my return, the nights away were all in all a success, on several fronts.

One of which is that we are no longer nursing...

With the exception of some boob squeezes and a sleepy attempt to nurse at 2 a.m. this morning, Hadley seems to not miss the boob at all. Which makes me happy because we needed to be done for my energy sake (since the kiddo in my tummy demands my energy), but also sad that we will never do that again. I never thought I would enjoy nursing, but I really did and I will miss that little blue eyeball looking up at me while she sucks away and her little hand playing with my hair. I'm so glad I stuck it out and was successful with nursing.

On that note, it's 7:45 and I am turning in. Need to catch up on sleep before she wakes in a few hours. More to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.