Thursday, October 8, 2009

morning sickness BLOWS chunks (literally and figuratively)

Am I a bad mommy? Am I a bad person? I am really not a huge fan of the pregnancy process. Obviously, I didn't despise it enough to prevent me from doing it again, but I really don't like it. And the outcome is over the top fantastic, my whole wide world. But I am not a fan of the baking of the bun...

First of all, I am told that I can't do certain things. Albeit, I already don't do most of them. Second, the constant feeling of having the tentative stomach after being in the throws of having food poisoning is not my cup of tea. I just want food to sound good again. Healthy food. Oh, and I hate feeling tired all the time. I have a 15 month old to keep up with and I hate that I resolve to recorded episodes of Yo Gaba Gaba to entertain her while I put my feet up for a few minutes (20 minutes, that show is only 20 minutes long!). And then the fun beginning stages of pregnancy where you just look like you've put on weight. Not fat, just pregnant. Then you feel the need to tell everyone you encounter that you are just pregnant "Thanks for your help with my groceries - FYI - I am just pregnant." While we are on the shape changing topic, the early belly bulge with baby number two is fun, too.

Please don't think ill of me... I am just tired of feeling ill. I am rounding the 14 week corner, so hopefully my wellness will improve as well as my attitude.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am right there with you. Starting week number 7 with baby #2, and feeling like death. We just have to look at our little ones and remember that soon they'll be out of our bodies and into their own cute one and be done making us sick (until that first week at kindergarten)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! So true! I am looking forward to when I stop feeling like a frumpy mommy - that is when I have time to shower, do my hair and make up every day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.