Tuesday, February 9, 2010

valentines day cookies

During the last storm here in Southern California, I picked up some cookie dough and various decorations as a Valentines activity since we were stuck indoors. I figured Hadley could decorate the cookies and we would send them to grandmas, grandpa and aunties, but they sort of turned out to be a disaster.

I didn't have a rolling pin, so I had to use a glass. The cookies stuck to every surface and fell apart. I finally got a couple of good cut outs and popped them in the oven. When I took them out I discovered that they had spread into each other, making the hearts an odd shape.

None the less, we decorated and Hadley enjoyed this. And things seemed edible until I discovered that she was placing sweetheart candies on top of the icing, then bending over and sucking them off.

I decided that maybe we would just share the pictures with the family instead of mailing them. And really, once all the toppings were on, they were not good at all and into the trash they went.

But we had fun and the memories are the best part. Maybe we'll try again another rainy day (who knows, maybe today).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.