Friday, March 5, 2010

monkey

Hadley is a monkey.

You know... The kind that swings from tree to tree so quickly that you can barely keep up? She responds to food. Chews things and spits them out. Climbs on her crib. Jumps off her bed. And today, TODAY she decided that she would try balancing on the back of the couch while mommy and daddy were out of the room. She even had that smug monkey look on her face that said "Look what I can do, even though I know I'm not supposed to."

And the thing is, we are partially to blame. We take her to Gymboree where they encourage her to climb, hang and jump. I can only imagine that it could get confusing to a little one.

Who knew that toddlerhood was like being in a wild jungle! I'm comparing her to the monkeys that played outside our window when we were in Kruger, South Africa. But they had Easter egg blue balls (as in the color) and obviously my little girl doesn't have those (thank goodness!).

So, we'll do our best. Hope that she doesn't fall and break something (or worse - YIKES). I just hope I don't have a heart attack by the time my kids grow out of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.