Wednesday, March 3, 2010

layla grace

I'm sure many of you have heard of two year old, Layla Grace, who has been fighting to beat neuroblastoma for the last ten or so months. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed at stage four and her recent prognosis is not good. While her family is hoping for a miracle, Layla Grace has been sent home to pass under the watchful eye of hospice. She has two older siblings, a mommy and daddy who love her so much that they're hopes and prayers for that miracle have not subsided.

According to their blog post dated February 28th, Layla Grace was not expected to live more than a couple of days. But improvements, albeit small, have occurred. Her vomiting has subsided. She is going to the bathroom. She is sleeping more peacefully.

One can only hope for peace during a time like this.

I visit their blog and twitter page almost daily to get updates on Layla Grace. I look at her beautiful pictures and think of my beautiful little girl who is as healthy as can be. I find my heart crying for her family. I find my mind frightening of the thought of something like this happening to my own children. I sat by my fathers side while he was in hospice care and watched as he breathed his last breath, but I can no way fathom what this family is going through.

The family is simply asking for prayers for a miracle and donations to help cover Layla Grace's medical expenses. You can visit their website to make donations at www.laylagrace.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.