Tuesday, April 20, 2010

gadget love

Greetings from my new iPad!

I don't know when it happened, but I became a sucker for gadgets, especially Apple gadgets. I've been a Mac user most of my professional career and have probably owned a good handful of their products.

I made the mistake of test driving an iPad at Best Buy on Sunday. It was all I could talk about, which was probably a nice reprieve for Jonathan from my normal convo of boobs and milk and latching. Obviously, I was in love with this thing! And he fed my new obsession by purchasing me one as a surprise yesterday.

Things I like about the iPad:
- I love that it syncs with my Mac Mini desktop, keeping data updated on both machines. Since Hayden's arrival, I have been using my old Mac laptop, that is beyond glitchy, doesn't stay online well, and doesn't sync with my desktop. But its handy for laying in bed with nursing babies.
- Who wouldn't love it's sleek, pretty design!
- There are lots of cool, free (or low cost) apps.
- It supports iWork, even though I will likely stick to my desktop for projects that require iWork.
- Its portable... In my purse!

Things that could be better:
- I wish there was a camera for still photos and to iChat. I bet future models will have this feature.
- the keyboard is a little cumbersome, but I will get used to it. I just don't know how they can make it better. At least they offer an external keyboard.
- The cost of some apps and books.
- A USB port might be handy, but then again its meant to be an addition to your computer, not just your computer.

All in all, a really neato burrito gadget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.