Thursday, June 17, 2010

topless thursday: comfort boob

Today is the last day to enter to win Minnetonka Baby Moccasins.
Go here to enter by 5 p.m. PST today.

I stopped nursing Hadley when she was 15 months old. The weening process started at 12 months when I day weened her. At 15 months, I had to go to Minnesota to close on our house, so we used the opportunity to ween her completely. And it was a success.

But she hasn't given up on the boob completely...

For some reason, Hadley finds comfort in sticking her hand down my shirt and squeezing the inside of the boob. Sometimes when I am nursing Hayden, Hadley sticks her hand down my shirt. It's a little bit of a juggle, but it really doesn't bother me. But it does look a little funny to those who don't know us and we are meeting for the first time. Here I am holding my toddler and she is trying to show off my goods.
Sometimes she says "boobs" when she does it.

There have been two occasions (and I am certainly not making a habit of this) that she was so upset that I asked her if she wanted to touch my boobs. I get a hiccupy "yes" and her hand goes right down my shirt and she is suddenly all better.

I have to sometimes warn other ladies who hold her that they might get felt up.

It's her comfort boob.

What sort of habits do your kids have for comfort?


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, thats hilarious!!
    my son has a little blanky, but he's only 3 1/2 months. when hes falling asleeping he snuggles his face into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.