Friday, July 23, 2010

family friday: dear san francisco

Only three days left to enter to win a Mod Mum Baby Sling! Click the cute baby in the sling on the right side bar to find out how to enter!

---------------------------------------------------

Dear San Francisco,

My dear city. The city I became an adult. The city I earned my degree and started my career. The city that lent me life changing events, good times as well as heartbreak.

I thank you for taking a little girl in with embracing arms and encouraging her to grow up, becoming an independent woman. Training me to become street smart. Deal with bus transfers and street banter. You taught me to layer my clothes. Always have a great playlist on my iPod. And hold my liquor.

You taught me to love.

San Francisco, you will forever be where our family is "from" because this is where, among the fog, I became we, became us. I became "mom." I thank you especially for this.

But, I realize that living here is a fond memory. My home is where my family is. And I'm content with the fact that is not here.

Please don't be upset. There are millions of other lives you can change.

But I will be back for visits. To enjoy 50 degree days in July. Eat fine cuisine and sip on fancy California wines. I will bring my baby girls back to visit with friends and show them where we are from. Where I became we, became us.

And for all of these reasons and so many more, I will always love you.

Love,
C

-- Post From My iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.