Sunday, July 11, 2010

domestic goddess

We've had a bowl of apples here that no one has been eating that were on a fast route to going bad. A sweet potato and bag of baby carrots, too. So what did I do?

Pureed it all!

Most is going into the freezer for use with Hayden when she starts eating solids in a couple of months. But, I mixed some of the apples with the sweet potato. And some with the carrots and served the purée mixed in with some vanilla yogurt for Hadley, who recently will only eat fruit, cheese and milk (well, she wouldn't turn away a cookie if she was She gobbled it right up.

And while we are at it, I made homemade mac and cheese, mixed with near pureed broccoli and turkey bacon that was a hit in my fussy tot's mouth.

Needless to say, I was thrilled and proud of myself for being a domestic goddess in the kitchen and having the fore site to purée fruits and veggies that weren't getting eaten.


-- Post From My iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.