Sunday, August 29, 2010

culinary adventures in baby food

We've started Hayden on solids a few weeks early... But the kid is hungry and growing like a weed! And while she's consuming cereal and one or two veggies once a day, I figured this would be a great weekend to start stocking the freezer up with yummy eats for Hayden and use up some of that produce that didn't get eaten over the week.

On today's menu is apples, carrots and butternut squash.




I try to keep things simple and efficient, so I am only spending 30-45 minutes a week (on a Sunday) preparing food. The idea being to build up my stock of food every week in our freezer, therefore lots of choices are always available.




And to keep things even more simple, I use the guidelines of the book "So Easy Baby Food" (see Amazon widget on right sidebar) for cook times... And I use the microwave...




The same cooking concept can be used for most pureed fruits and veggies. Wash. Peel. Add a little water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave. Blend. Allow to cool. Place in ice cube trays. Cover. Freeze. Transfer to marked freezer bags. Repeat.




Stay tuned as we embark on more culinary adventures in baby food.


-- Post From My iPad (so please forgive typos)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.