Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ear infections

Hadley had never had an ear infection until this past February. Likely a combination of how long she nursed and that we enjoyed 70 degree winters until this one. Poor kid has had four of them and after being handed a referral to an ENT, where I am sure they would tell me she needs tubes, I decided to seek alternative remedies.

I had heard of chiropractic for children, but was on the fence about it. Really, I can't imagine my almost three year old laying on a bed and allowing someone to crack their neck. But after some research on Jonathan's part, it made sense to give it a try. But I had to be sure to find the right doctor.

I turned my search to the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association to find a female doctor to take care of my little girl. And I got lucky! We started taking her to Dr. Katy at Health Source. Dr. Katy's whole office catered to my kids the minute we walked in the door and by the time we got into her exam room, the process was easy. And there was no neck cracking and elbows between the shoulder blades. Nope. She uses intruments developed for children, so it was no big deal.

Dr. Katy recommended taking Hadley off of cows milk as a sensitivity shows up in ear infections, and coupled with Hadley's history of mysterious hives, this could be it. Since taking her off the milk near two weeks a go and starting chiropractic, the fifth ear infection we were keeping an eye on resolved. And her ears look better than ever. So good, a blog post was written about Hadley and ear infections - check it out!

So, if your child is having challenges with ear infections, I highly recommend trying out chiropractic. It may not work for every child, but it worked for mine.
______________________________________________________

Check out my What to Expect When You're Expecting giveaway!






Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.