Friday, April 15, 2011

post surgery




Hadley's surgery was complete in 20 minutes, but I must say the longest 20 minutes of my life. I relinquished control. I let total strangers induce sleep to repair her eye and I left the room. I left her fragile care in their hands and trusted they would return her to me safe and sound.

And they did.

The doctor told us she did beautifully, but surgery was the only way this thing would go away. For some people Chalazions absorb into their body and go away. Hadley's Chalazion had a lot of calcification, which is why we never saw much improvement. I'm glad we chose to have it removed, though the day goes down in my books as one of the scariest in my life.

After waking, Hadley was easily agitated, crying over small things. We got her home, put her in our bed, gave her a popsicle and presented her with a balloon bouquet and she seemed happier. By 6 pm you'd never know what she had gone through other than her shiner.

In the grand scheme of life, this ordeal was nothing. I think about friends who have lost their children and I remind myself that this is pretty small potatoes. But also reminds me to cherish every moment with my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.