Sunday, September 11, 2011

ten years a go...

Ten years a go today, I woke up alone in my apartment at 5:50 a.m. to get ready for my work day.

Ten years a go today, I flipped anxiously through the few channels of television I had (I didn't have cable) wondering why the same action movie was on each.

Ten years a go today, I sat baffled in front of my television, not wrapping my 26 year old brain around what was happening.

Ten years a go today, I watched on television the second plane hit the tower.

Ten years a go today, I called my mom and dad to try to make sense of what I was seeing.

Ten years a go today, I went into work to find crying co-workers.

Ten years a go today, I was sent home from work as movie studios were considered unsafe.

Ten years a go today, a new roommate moved into my home.

Ten years a go today, we are still friends.

Ten years a go today, our lives changed forever.

Ten years a go today will forever be burned in my mind.

Where were you ten years a go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.