Tuesday, November 1, 2011

halloween 2011



J and I packed up the girls and headed to the nearby mall, who was hosting a huge shindig, complete with live kiddo music. There were so many people and so many kids near our girls age. While I am not a fan of mall trick-or-treating, I'm glad we did it. They had fun. We fed them some Zoila Pasta mac-and-cheese for dinner and then headed home.


On the way home, Hayden fell asleep in the car, so J dropped Hadley and I off at the top of our street and we trick-or-treated home. We just visited the homes of people we know, but it was a fun outing just her and I. She was so good. Said "trick-or-treat" loud and clear, modeled her Cinderella dress and said "thank you". I was a proud mama.


On our way back to the house I saw some kids leave our courtyard. As we got closer to them I realized that they had taken all of our candy. Bowl and all. Thankfully it was a cheapo bowl. I confronted them and they took off running. When it occurred to Hadley what had happened, she burst out is tears. Big tears. I just told her it was a naughty thing that they did, but there was no reason to be sad. After visiting another house and her telling our neighbor "The boys took our candy" she settled down.

I finally convinced her that it was too cold to keep going (we weren't dressed for the out doors) and we went in. J showed her how to sort her candy (something he used to do as a kid) and she picked Peanut M&M's to much on. Then off to bed she went, and J and I enjoyed some of their candy in bed while watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (the diet starts today!).

It was a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.