Monday, December 5, 2011

"I want glass slippers"


Last weekend we visited a beautiful nursery near our home which hosted Santa. The last two years, Hadley would have nothing to do with him. This year she understood that he was the guy that brings the presents, therefore she needs to tell him what it is she wants and how she's been "good". She tentatively climbed on his life and tried to smile for the picture. When he asked her about what she would like for Christmas she whispered "Glass Slippers". He told her that she needed to be a good girl and he would bring her glass slippers.

I was proud of my little girl for being brave and talking to the big guy. I know the concept of sitting on the lap of a stranger in a red suit can be scary (even for a mom), but I want to create and let her live in the magic of Christmas much like I did when I was a child.

I've been avoiding the purchase of play princess shoes for her, but that was so ridiculously sweet that I went out an purchased some as a Santa gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.