Monday, December 19, 2011

I wish I had a camera: this morning

Hayden woke up at 3:30 a.m. and refused to go back to sleep. Except for on me. I tried putting her in her crib four times to only have her wake with a shriek. I tried laying in our bed with her and she woke up shouting "DADDY. DADDY. DADDY." I finally settled in downstairs with her realizing that I might be up for the day.

At about 5:15 a.m., she crawled up on top of me, laid down on my chest and fell asleep. After a few minutes, I decided that I could deal with this scenario and catch a few z's myself. I rolled her onto the inside of the couch next to me and fell asleep myself.

Around 7:15 a.m. I heard Hadley playing in her room. She is not a quiet player and I knew she would soon be shouting to be brought downstairs. So I left this peaceful sleeping child on the couch and ran upstairs to rescue the princess from the tower.

We came downstairs and instead of her waking her like I anticipated, Hadley just told me to be quiet because her sister was sleeping. And then we commented about how sweet she looked. I went into the kitchen to make some coffee and when I came out, I found Hadley curled up next to sleeping Hayden. Every fiber of my being melted. Here were my two little girls in such raw, innocent states of sleep, snuggling.

And I realized something... This is what it's about. This. Loving them. Loving each other.

The past couple of weeks have been rough with the kids. Colds. Teeth. Not being able to go outside like we were. I'm not going to lie, I've been frustrated with them. Then a moment like this pops up and all of that washes away. I tell myself, "This, Cambria, this is what it's about."

Oh my, how I love these two perfect beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.