Wednesday, December 28, 2011

on grandma's

"Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever."  
~Author Unknown

My grandmother is 92 years old. She has loved. Raised two daughters. Traveled the world more than once. She's taken care of grandchildren. She's held great-grandchildren. My grandmother has had a truly beautiful, long life that we all can only hope to come close to.

On Christmas evening I learned from my mother that grandma wasn't doing well and it was determined that she has t-cell lymphoma. Yesterday, she was placed in a hospice facility. Tonight it was suggested that loved ones say their goodbyes. 

My grandmother is quite private and has only requested her daughters and husband's presence. I am not there to say goodbye. Or to hold my mom's hand. I can only say goodbye from afar, hope that her suffering stops and that she rests in peace. 

I love you Grandma.

PS - Cancer Sucks


UPDATE: Grandma passed peacefully on the afternoon of New Years Eve with her daughters and husband at her side. She opened her eyes and grinned from ear to ear before exhaling her final breath. She lived a beautifully long life and it was a privilege to know her. RIP Grandma. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.