Tuesday, April 28, 2009

to ween, or not to ween

Breastfeeding agreed with my little one and me.  I questioned it for a second, thought it was going to be a pain in the butt, that I'd be forced to stay home constantly in order to keep my modesty.  

But not such the case...  

Once we got the hang of it, breastfeeding was a dream.  Not only did I have the opportunity to bond with her in this way, I didn't have to mess around with bottles when I was out and about, only having to carry my Bebe Au Lait nursing cover that I stuffed into my purse (yes, purse, not a diaper bag).  My breasts serve as a food source, but they also soothed my fussy baby in public and I was able to enjoy the outside world more often than I imagined.

We have hit the nine month mark and my little one is still breastfeeding.... These days a little more than I care to be doing this. She is starting to play while she is on the breast, which tells me it is time to ween.  Now that she can use a cup, I don't nurse her in public (unless she is in rare form).   I keep waiting for her to be done - she is so independent and grown up with everything else, why not?  But it seems like she wants the boob more than ever.

So what's a mom to do?  Do I force her to ween or stick it out until she is done?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.