Thursday, September 3, 2009

traveling with baby

I love to travel and I really haven't let baby slow me down much. Well, a little. But one of my constant dilemmas now is how do I deal with the stuff, mostly the car seat. We visited San Francisco not long a go and I was faced with the car seat issue. Hadley is too big for her infant car seat that snaps nicely on the stroller and the big car seat is very cumbersome to travel alone with her. Since we needed a car seat at least one of the days of our visit, I rented a car and a car seat. It worked out, though unnecessary.

I am dying for a trip to NYC before I get too pregnant to enjoy it and am wondering if it's something I can do with Hadley. I think it could be fun with her to check out the kiddo stuff, play in the park and pretend we are New Yorkers for a few days. But I am once again faced with the car seat dilemma. Generally, we can get around without ever getting into a car, but what about that one moment when we are desperate for a cab, on the other side of town with only the car seat. What do we do?

During a Google spree of how to deal with this, I came across a company called Baby's Away. Basically, they will rent you all the things you need in select cities while you are traveling: strollers, car seats, high chairs cribs, exersaucers etc. etc. Very, very cool!

But, I still must research some more to solve my other problem. Just wanted to share this company's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.