Saturday, October 10, 2009

i love fall

I love fall... Here in California, we don't get much fall. Often Halloween is spent in shorts and t-shirts, so when we get the 70 degree days (vs. 80 degrees), I get out the sweaters and scarves. The last week has turned cooler here in Aliso Viejo (yah, 73, not that cool to some) and we have enjoyed being able to at least turn off the AC for the day and sometimes enjoy the smell of the heater, if only for a few minutes, in the mornings.

I love fall clothing. I love jackets, scarves, hats and jean (oh, how I love jeans). I like to shop for fall fashions. Trade in my flip flops for ballet flats and boots. I enjoy getting ready in the morning, doing my hair and picking out the perfect outfit.

I love to travel in the fall. Go to places that actually experience cooler weather and perhaps see changing leaves. I just returned from Minneapolis where the trees leaves were yellowing and just about to turn to brilliant oranges. The air was a crisp 55 degrees during the days and cool enough to wish I had a coat in the evening. I can't wait to move there (save your "You are going to hate the winter" speech. I've heard it and I am prepared for it!). I am planning on going to Boston and Portland before the fall is up.

I love the brisk wind of fall. You know, the kind that turns cheeks a happy pink and you can justify the cup of hot cocoa to warm up with the whipped cream. I love having to rush through it to get to a cozy place, like a restaurant for an early morning breakfast with my two loves.

So call me a geek... I truly love cooler weather. I love the changing seasons, period, but I especially look forward to the summer to fall change.

I love fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.