Saturday, April 10, 2010

frustration

It's official... I've hit that third week frustration.  I remember it well with Hadley... The tears. Threats to throw in the towel on nursing. Feelings of being a bad mommy.  But I also remember things suddenly getting better, and I hope that is the same case.

Hayden and I are on and off with nursing success.  The nipple shield is working.  But the supplemental nursing system I paid $35 for is proving to be more trouble than it's worth (and I doubt they will take it back after it has been pressed against my boob).  

But our biggest challenge is finding the right timing.  Between a curious big sister and her activities, a house with no doors that latch or lock properly, it is almost impossible to find alone time with the babe to relax and try to nurse properly.  Instead, I find myself with a very angry newborn, boobs leaking to my knees, Hadley hanging on to my legs and me in tears, trying to heat a bottle of breast milk to soothe Hayden.  Frustrating is the only word I can think of.

Tonight, Jonathan and I decided that I need to take Hayden to a hotel and nurse. And nurse. And nurse. And nurse.  I hope it's a success. And I hope this family, as a whole, gets some good sleep tonight.  We are all a little rough around the edges.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, that third week, when the baby haze starts to wear off and the sleeplessness starts to set in. I'm so sorry. It absolutely will get easier!! You are an awesome mommy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.