Tuesday, September 20, 2011

dear lennon,

Dear Baby Lennon,

The other night you made me an aunt. More important, you made your mom and dad, mom and dad and they learned about the most fierce kind of love there is. The love a mom and dad has for their child. I am so happy for you all... You are a lucky little guy to have the parents you do.

Let me introduce myself. I am Cambria, your aunt. You can call me Cam. Or Aunt Cam. Or Tia Cam. Or Cambria. Or, really, whatever you feel suits me. I am one of many aunts and great aunts, but I am the only aunt from your dad's side. You see, I am his sister. And I am thrilled to be able to call you my nephew. I look forward to spoiling you rotten.

Right now, your cousins, Hadley and Hayden, and I live in Minnesota. Which is far away. Not China far away, but far enough away to need to take an airplane to see you. Which we are going to do in a few days. So, we won't be around all the time, but I hope we can find a way for you to know me from a far. We have no trouble jumping on an airplane from time-to-time and I hope your mom and dad will bring you our way sometime soon. I have a room just for the three of you, a portable crib and lots of toys to play with.

Hadley and Hayden are your two older cousins. Really, not by much and in a few years I suspect you all won't really see the age difference. Especially when you are adults. I hope you will know them well. Even though they are girls.

Let me tell you about your daddy. He's a pretty good guy. He's handsome and beyond talented. You will probably get his curly head of hair and ear for music. I'm sure he's already written 200 songs about you. He is so happy you are here. I look forward to seeing him as "dad". While you may have spats with him as you get older, remember that he is your daddy and loves you like no other. I am lucky to have him as a brother.

But, there is someone who is important who is not here. And I'm sure your daddy will work hard to get you to know him, even though he is not here. That person is your Grandpa Kern, who is your dad and my, dad. Unfortunately, he passed away a few years a go and didn't get to know any of his grandchildren, which is sad. But he was very sick and had to leave us.

Lennon, I can't tell you how happy I am that you are here. That you and your mom weathered the labor and delivery and are now able to snuggle. I haven't known your mom long, but what I do know is that she is a special person.

Your cousins and I are headed to California on a BIG plane on Friday to come see you. We can not wait. And I'm sorry in advance if Hadley calls you Lemon Meraingue. She's on a Strawberry Shortcake kick, and to her three year old ears, Lennon sounds like lemon. I'm sure it won't last long. But she is SUPER excited to meet you. As am I.

For now, beautiful boy Lennon, hugs and kisses to you, your mama and daddy.

Your aunt,
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.