Saturday, October 15, 2011

I better start listening

I've had a rough couple of weeks. You may have been able to tell by the tone of my blog. But things have been a little wonky. And things have continued to spiral.

* Waterfall through the ceiling fan in the bathroom. Spending $100 to have fixed only to realize that we fixed the wrong plumbing problem (though would have eventually been dealing with).

* Refrigerator calling it quits.

* Paint project NOT going well. At all.

* Flat tire.

* Dead battery, that needed replacing.

* A ridiculous tax bill (which has since been resolved, but it was heart stopping).

It's really been one thing after another. And I'm not going to lie, I've been having a pitty party. I've shed a lot of tears. Been a bear to be around. And being, generally, unhappy.

Then today after I dropped Hadley off at art class, I drove over to the mall to burry my sorrow in some retail therapy. I looked down as I was about to get out of the car to discover that I had a massive hole in my jeans. In the crotch area. Which I am going to interpret that the jeans were old and not that I've gained weight.

I had to laugh, as I put myself back into the car and drove back home to change clothes.

And then I realized, the Universe is trying to tell me something. A big thing. And if I don't stop and listen my run of bad luck wont stop (theoretically). What I realized is that these things I am giving unhappy energy to are not worthy of it. It's just a house. It's just a car. It's really no big deal.

My kids are healthy. Jonathan and I are happy together. I have a house. I have a car. We have food. We are comfortable. I shouldn't be sad or complaining. Or giving any more energy to the issues.

So, Universe, I am listening. And while my streak of bad luck may not come to an end, it will in my mind because I've decided these things are "little problems" (as Hadley's teacher says). From now on these silly problems will be noted as "little problems" and not big ones. I am blessed and need to pay more mind to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.