Wednesday, October 19, 2011

i wouldn't make the cut

Today I got to work in Hadley's class room. Actually, I remembered at 8:10 this morning after I had thrown a sweatshirt and jeans on "real quick" to run her over there. (woops)

It was insightful. I can't really say that I've spend 2 1/2 hours in a preschool since, well, preschool. I learned that learning is fun. It's a game. It's play. Little kids love school, and for some reason many loath it when they get older.

I also learned a lot about how Hadley learns. She is the quiet kid. She doesn't speak out. She doesn't disobey. But I wouldn't say she is shy. Just quiet. (hmmm... this sounds a little familiar) Hadley is a bit of a loner, but will play in small groups. She enjoys looking at books. Playing in the farm stand and with the doll house. She likes to do the daily art projects and paint. She road bicycles and slid down slides in the gym. She seemed to have a BLAST.

But what I also realized is that I couldn't be a preschool teacher. Not only was I exhausted after two and a half hours, but I realized that I would totally lose control of 17 kids. Seriously. I really don't know how the Duggar's do it. Kids hands in paint and play dough. Messes on floors. Toys everywhere. Breaking up fights. Walk, don't run. Snack time. Story time. Take turns. YIKES! These women are saints!

But I just know that I wouldn't make the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my 'lil ole blog! I love comments and would love to read yours.